16-Channel BroadLED™ Backlighting Management IC for LCD Panels
16-channel, internal current sinks high power LED support
The iW7023 integrates 16 open-drain current sinks, capable of up to 150mA average current per channel to drive LEDs, two digital boost or buck controller interfaces to optimize system power efficiency, and two LDOs to provide all the necessary components for full backlighting management in edge-lit or direct-lit LED TVs.
Using Dialog's patented BroadLED™ adaptive switch mode technology, the iW7023 maintains channel-to-channel current matching of ±2% for high current matching at maximum efficiency. The iW7023 enables comprehensive PWM dimming in multiple modes and offers a broad range of protection features.
- 16-Channel LED Driver, 90V max LED Voltage Capable at 150mA Average, 240mA peak Current/Channel
- 150mA max in dimming mode
- 240mA max in scanning mode and in dimming mode with 60% adaptive-switch mode
- Patented Adaptive-Switch Mode LED Driving Scheme to Maximize Channel Efficiency
- 2 Controllers for External DC/DC Converters - Independent Dynamic Voltage Control of Each DC/DC
- SPI Interface for High-Bandwidth Control and Local Dimming
- LED Brightness Dimming - Local, Scanning and 3D Game Mode
- PWM Dimming Range - 1% to 99.98% at 12 bits; 1% to 99% at 10 bits
- PWM Dimming Frequency - NTSC , PAL and 3D Game Modes
- Sync Function allows Synchronization with Additional iW70xx Products
- LED Fault Protection - Open and Short Circuit - Cycle-by-Cycle Protection
- Over-temperature and UVLO
- Edgelit Local Dimming for LED TVs
- Direct and Segment-Edge LED Backlit LCD TVs
- LCD Public Information Displays
Typical applications diagram
Functional block diagram
Access the latest design and detailed technical information, chat with us in our interactive discussion forum or purchase our products now. We will provide up to five parts free of charge and our sales team will provide pricing for sample orders exceeding five parts. To initiate your request, please complete the form below.