AS3824 LED Driver
16-channel local dimming LED backlight controller
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
AS3824 is a 16-channel LED TV backlight controller which performs local dimming of sections of a display screen to provide both improved picture quality and valuable power savings of up to 20-30%.
The new backlight controller is intended for use in the latest high-definition (HD) and ultra-high-definition (UHD, or ‘4K’) televisions, as well as high dynamic range (HDR) monitors and displays.
The AS3824 includes a fully flexible 12-bit PWM generator for each of its 16 channels, to enable sections of a display screen to be dimmed independently. Each PWM generator may be synchronized with an external synchronization signal.
The local dimming enabled by the AS3824 also provides for additional system power savings compared to global backlight controllers.
- No limit of VLED or ILED, controller not exposed to high voltage/current
- One global high accurate 10bit DAC which sets the LED current (+-.5% accurate)
- 16 independent 8 bit DACs can be used to boost/decrease LED current within certain frames
- QFN48 7x7mm with 0.5mm pitch
- LQFP44 10x10mm 0.8mm pitch
- All LED backlight topologies
- Optimum power savings through local dimming
- Highest brightness uniformity
- High Dynamic range boost function
- Global Dimming Mode available
- Lowest BOM
- Two Package types available
- HD TVs
- UHD TVs
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Monitors and Displays
Functional Block Diagram
Typical Applications Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.