Low-power high-definition Haptic Driver for next generation human-machine interfaces
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Low-power, wide-bandwidth Haptic Driver
The DA7280 High-Definition (HD) Haptic Driver combines custom drive sequences, on- and off-resonance, at up to 1kHz. The DA7280 can drive both ERM and LRA (narrow and wideband) actuators and track resonance up to 300Hz to drive the most complex click/vibration touch effects in a wide range of applications.
The DA7280 combines very low idle current consumption (360nA) with low-latency trigger inputs to minimize the delay after button presses when an application process is in deep sleep.
- 360nA idle power mode with full I2C control and memory retention
- Wideband LRA driver: 25Hz to 1kHz with resonant mode
- Frequency tracking support up to 300Hz
- Low-latency direct drive for haptics
- On-the-fly diagnostics
- Custom waveform sequences
- Three methods of drive with Linux and C-like driver (HAL)
- Constant resonance frequency tracking through continuous current drive monitoring
- Ultra-low power consumption means longer battery life
- Only 0.75ms latency when responding from ultra-low power state
- Drives LRAs off-resonance for custom effects, or dual-resonant systems for two-dimensional vibration
- Enables wide-band effects as well as supporting dual-resonant systems
- Drives distinct haptic effects triggered by multiple inputs without need to wake the apps processor
- Detects issues with motor automatically
- Frequency, time, amplitude triplets to program the waveform
- Quick and easy software development using Dialog’s SmartCavas™ GUI
- Portable computing systems (POS, Barcode Scanners etc.)
- Computing – all-in-ones (display), Notebook PC
- Any display driven consumer product
12-pin WLCSP Package (0.4mm pitch)
12-pin QFN Package (0.65mm pitch)
|DA7280 Product Brief||14/09/2018||1.0|
|DA7280 Automotive Grade Datasheet||27/10/2020||1.3|
|DA7280 EVB Build BOM||14/09/2018||1.0|
|DA7280 EVB PCB Layout||14/09/2018||1.0|
|DA7280 EVB Schematic||14/12/2017||1.0|
|DA7280 GUI (Registered users only)||10/09/2018||0.0.20|
|DA7280 Performance Board User Manual||03/10/2018||1.3|
|Generating an LRA Configuration Script for DA7280 User Manual||24/10/2018||1.1|
|DA7280 Eval board to buzz in 5 minutes,(Video Tutorial)||08/03/2018||1v0|
DA7280 System Diagram
DA7280 Block Diagram
The Dialog SmartCanvas™ GUI in conjunction with the DA7280 performance evaluation board enables quick and easy evaluation of the DA7280 along with the chosen LRA or ERM. With the attached 100g mass and an analog accelerometer the board is used to evaluate, design, and fine-tune your haptic sequences.
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.