FC8050Q: RF + BB SoC for T-DMB
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
The FCI FC8050Q chip is a highly integrated device for terrestrial digital multimedia Broadcasting. FC8050Q has all of the performance needed to enable the full range of T-DMB application. It consists of two main blocks, RF tuner and channel decoder.
RF block supports single-band (Band-III). It is a highly integrated component working with a single 1.2V power supply. Because direct-conversion architecture is used in RF block, additional components such as bulky IF SAW filter and other IF matching components are no longer required. For the direct-conversion, it has low noise fractional-N type frequency synthesizer and VCO. RF block contains LNA, down-conversion mixer, channel selection filter (CSF), and LO distribution network for Band-3.
Baseband block is an integrated circuit provides channel decoder for Digital Multimedia Broadcasting(DMB) signals based on ETS 300 401 (EUREKA-147). It is also in compliance with the function of Korea DAB/DMB (TTAS.KO -07.0024 and TTAS.KO-07.0026) standard. It contains 10-bit Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) for IF input, OFDM demodulator, Reed Solomon decoder and convolutional de-interleaver for providing forward error correcting. For Audio data, it uses MPEG I/II Layer II (MUSICAM) algorithm. It provides HPI, EBI2 LCD Interface of Qualcomm QSC series modem chip, SPI and I2C as a HOST interface. When it is used I2C as host interface, serial TS interface is supported also.
- DAB(Eureka 147)/Korean DMB(TTAS.KO-07.0024 & TTAS.KO-07.0026) standard compliant receiver System-On-Chip
- DAB OFDM demodulator and channel decoder
- Supports all DAB functions and modes (I, II, III and IV) and automatic mode detection (AMD)
- Full data rate of 1.8Mbit can be decoded
- Automatic frame/timing synchronization and fast channel re-acquisition
- Demodulation and decoding of up to 64 sub-channels (UEP/EEP)
- TII decoder
- Automatic multiplex re-configuration
- Host interfaces
- Parallel interface: 3-bit control pins, 2-bit address/8-bit data bus, or 8-bit data bus compatible with Qualcomm QSC series modem chip.
- Serial interface: SPI and I2C
- Support max. 8 services (audio, video and data stream)
- MPEG-2 serial-TS output w/ various TS clocks (1.024 ~ 38.4MHz)
- Be able to decode 2 video data with RS encoded stream
- Electrical Characteristics
- Embedded DCDC and LDO
- Supply voltages: 1.2V for core and 1.8/2.5/3.3V for I/O
- Low Power consumption: 34 mW
- Support various external clock 16.384/19.2/24.576/27/38.4MHz
- Frequency band: Band-III (170~240 MHz)
- RX sensitivity -103.0dBm, adjacent channel sensitivity 50dB, far-off sensitivity 55dB
- RF + BB SoC for T-DMB
6.0mm x 6.0mm 48-Pin QFN