Dialog Serial Port Service (DSPS)
The Serial Port Service (SPS) emulates a serial cable communication. It provides a simple substitute for RS-232 connections, including the familiar software flow control logic via Bluetooth low energy. The SPS software distribution includes the application and profile source codes.
Software has been developed for the DA14585 Development Kit (DK) – PRO, DA14531 Development Kit (DK) – DA14531 USB Kit or DA14531 TINY™ Module. It is also developed for Android and iOS tablets and mobile phones, allowing a serial port to be emulated when using two DA14585/DA14531 DKs, or a DA14585/DA14531 DK and an Android or iOS device. The DA14585 DK can either function in the GAP central role, or the peripheral role. The Android or iOS device only functions in the GAP central role.
There are two projects provided, host and device projects, operating in BLE central and peripheral role respectively. Both projects use DMA driven UART operation for baud rates up to 921600, using hardware flow control only, optimized for DLE operation and high speeds.
- GAP Central/Peripheral roles
- GATT-based bidirectional serial link
- Write without Response/Notification methods for data streaming
- Bluetooth flow control supported
- Single point-to-point connection
- Automatic reconnection1 in case of link loss
- UART baud rates: 921600, 115200, 57600, 38400, 19200, 9600
- iOS/ Android application
- Extended sleep mode support
- Transfer rates dependent upon device: up to 580kpbs for the DA14585 /DA14531 !
- Memory Size of application image is ~ 28 Kbytes for the DA14531 and ~32Kbytes for the DA14585.
Now also available for the DA1468x family with high throughput and support for central and peripheral roles! The UART baud rate is supported up to 921600 and data throughput of up to 640 kbps achievable (DA1468x to DA1468x)!