PMIC for Quad-Core Application Processors
Powerful DC-DC converter system
DA9063-A is a powerful system PMIC for single-, dual-, and quad-core application processors such as those based on the ARM Cortex-A9™ and Cortex-A15™ architectures.
The DA9063-A follows a scalable approach of output currents and rails to supply the entire system and is capable of delivering a total of up to 12 A from its six DC-DC buck converters. High efficiency is achieved over a wide load range by automatically selecting Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) or Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) modes. All bucks use integrated power switches, removing the need for external Schottky diodes. A high switching frequency allows low-profile inductors to be used. Two bucks can be combined in a 5 A dual-phase configuration, two offer a merged configuration for a combined 3 A, and one can be used as a DDR VTT supply. Eleven SmartMirror™ LDO regulators with programmable output voltage provide up to 300 mA each.
- Input voltage 2.8 V to 5.5 V
- Six buck converters, 0.3 V to 3.34 V up to 2.5 A
- Dual-phase mode up to 5 A
- Merged mode up to 3 A
- DDR VTT supply mode
- DVS support
- 3 MHz switching frequency allows use of low-profile 1 µH inductors and avoids the AM band
- Integrated power switches
- 11 LDO regulators, 0.6 V to 3.6 V up to 300 mA
- Three low-noise LDOs
- Four with DVS
- Five with current-limited switch option
- Coin cell/super-capacitor backup charger
- 1.5 µA RTC with alarm and wakeup
- Enhanced Energy Saving techniques:
- Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS)
- Programmable power manager
- Enhanced Security:
- System supply monitoring
- Junction temperature monitoring
- Watchdog timer
- -40 °C to +125 °C junction temperature operation
- Automotive AEC-Q100 Grade 2
- Supply for single-, dual- and quad-core application processors, for example the i.MX™ families
- Navigation systems
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
Power supply for FPGAs
8x8mm 100-ball BGA
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online
- Search the forums
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.
For added technical support or information on how to buy, contact us directly.