Low-Power, Wide-Bandwidth Haptic Driver with Multiple I²C Addresses
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Low-Power, Wide-Bandwidth Haptic Driver with Multiple I2C Addresses
The DA7281 haptic driver with multiple I2C addresses, combines custom drive sequences (on- and off-resonance) at up to 1 kHz. The DA7281 drives both ERM and LRA (narrow and wideband) actuators and tracks resonance up to 300 Hz to provide highly complex click/vibration touch effects in a wide range of applications.
The DA7281 combines very low idle current consumption (360 nA) with low-latency trigger inputs to minimize the delay after button presses when an application process is in deep sleep.
The DA7281 differs from the DA7280 and DA7282 by using two of the original trigger input pins as I2C address pins, allowing up to four DA7281 devices to be used in the same system.
- 360 nA idle power mode with full I2C control and memory retention
- Wideband LRA driver: 25 Hz to 1 kHz with resonant mode
- Frequency tracking support up to 300 Hz
- Low-latency direct drive for haptics
- On-the-fly diagnostics
- Custom waveform sequences
- Three methods of drive with Linux and C-like driver (HAL)
- Up to four different I2C addresses
- Communicate with up to four DA7281's on the same I2C bus
- Constant resonance frequency tracking through continuous current drive monitoring
- Ultra-low power consumption meaning longer battery life
- Only 0.75 ms latency when responding from ultra-low power state
- Drives LRAs off-resonance for custom effects, or dual-resonant systems for two-dimensional vibration
- Enables wideband effects as well as supporting dual-resonant systems
- Drives distinct haptic effects triggered by multiple inputs without need to wake the host processor
- Detects issues with motor automatically
- Frequency, time, amplitude triplets to program the waveform
- Quick and easy software development using Dialog’s SmartCavas™ GUI
- Portable computing systems (POS, Barcode Scanners etc.)
- Computing – all-in-ones (display), Notebook PC
- Any display driven consumer product
12-pin WLCSP Package (0.4mm pitch)
12-pin QFN Package (0.65mm pitch)
DA7281 System Diagram
DA7281 Block Diagram
The Dialog SmartCanvas™ advanced GUI tool can be used in conjunction with the DA7281 evaluation board to enable quick and easy configuration of the DA7281 along with a connected LRA or ERM. The DA7281 evaluation kit is flexible enough to be used stand alone or wired into an existing customer application allowing it to be used to evaluate, design, and fine-tune haptic sequences easing system integration.
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.