High-performance LON router processor for mixed media installations
The Router 5000 device is used to build high-performance LON routers that increase the scalability and survivability of LONWORKS® control networks by allowing mixed physical media to be used in a single installation. The Router 5000 device includes embedded firmware that implements a half-router and is capable of supporting thousands of nodes using use one of four routing algorithms: configured router, learning router, bridge or repeater. The ability to choose these options allows trading off system performance for ease of installation.
Based on the Neuron® 5000 core, the Router 5000 provides the design flexibility to interface to any external transceiver supported by LON for building a communication channel. Two half-routers can be used to build a full router with the same or different external transceiver types. Commonly used transceivers include TP/FT-10, TP-RS485, TP/XF-78F, TP/XF-1250 channel types and the LPT-11 transceiver.
- Neuron® 5000 core @ 10MHz clock rate
- Can be connected to any transceiver running at any LonWorks® bit rate from 610bps to 1.25Mbps
- Operating humidity: 25-90% RH @50°C, non-condensing
- Non-operating humidity: 95% RH @ 50°C, non-condensing
- Vibration: 1.5g peak-to-peak, 8Hz-2kHz
- 3.3V operation (5V tolerant digital I/O)
- Operational temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- 48pin QFN package (7mm x 7mm)
- Transparent multi-channel and multi-media support
- High-performance Neuron® Core and internal system clock that scales up to 40 MHz support development of high-performance half-routers
- Large buffer size allows for improved throughput and extended Network Variables (NVs)
- Serial interface for inexpensive-external non-volatile EEPROM and flash memories for cost-effective system design
- Logical isolation between two half routers improves system reliability by isolating failures between channels