PL 3120 Smart Transceiver
The PL 3120 Power Line Smart Transceiver integrates a Neuron processor core with a power line transceiver, making it ideal for appliance, audio/video, lighting, heating/cooling, security, metering, and irrigation applications. A complete system-on-a-chip, the PL 3120 features a highly reliable narrow-band power line transceiver, an 8-bit Neuron processor core for running applications and managing network communications, on-board memory, and an extremely small form factor – all at a price that is compelling for even the most cost-sensitive consumer product applications.
- Designed to be compliant with FCC, Industry Canada, Japan MPT, and CENELEC EN50065-1 specification for low-voltage signaling
- 5.4kbps raw bit rate in CENELEC C-band and 3.6kbps in CENELEC A-band
- Dual Frequency BPSK with DSP-enhanced receiver
- 132kHz (primary) and 115kHz (secondary) in CENELEC C-band and 86kHz (primary) and 75kHz (secondary) in CENELEC A-band
- Compliant with European Directive 2002/95/EC on Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) in electrical and electronic equipment.
Combines an ISO/IEC 14908-3 ANSI-709.2 compliant power line transceiver with an ISO/IEC 14908-1 Neuron® 3120 processor core
Designed to comply with FCC, Industry Canada, Japan MPT, and European CENELEC EN 50065-1 power line communications regulations
Supports CENELEC A-band and C-band operation
Dual carrier frequency mode and digital signal processing
4K Bytes of embedded EEPROM for application code and configuration data
2K Bytes of embedded RAM for buffering network data and network variables
Full duplex hardware UART and SPI serial interfaces
12 I/O pins with 38 programmable standard I/O modes to minimize external interface circuitry
-40 to +85°C operating temperature range