IO-Link Device Phy with integrated frame handler
The CCE4502 is a highly integrated device-side IO-Link compliant transceiver IC. The built-in hardware based IO-Link frame handler provides full IO-Link protocol handling facilities making it simple to connect a host micro controller via the UART interface. The comprehensive function set includes LDOs and step down DC-DC converter, on chip oscillators and a user SPI interface for configuration and read back of fault indicators. The output stage provides overcurrent, reverse polarity and thermal protection and is tolerant to +/- 40V input. It is configurable as push-pull, open drain (PMOS or NMOS) or input only.
Package options include a 4mm x 4mm, 0.5mm pitch QFN with an addition option of a 2mm x 2.6mm, 0.5mm pitch WLCSP. These options make the CC4502 suitable for demanding industrial applications where power dissipation or space are highly important.
The CCE4502 transceiver is suitable for IO-Link Device applications and is compliant with the IO-Link interface and system specification Version 1.1.2 from July 2013 accessible via www.io-link.org.
- IO-Link compliant transceiver
- Integrated UART (COM1-3)
- One IO-Link slave up to 200 mA driving current
- Programmable PNP-, NPN- and Push-Pull mode
- Auxiliary multi-purpose 200mA IO channel
- On-chip oscillator with ±2% frequency accuracy
- Reverse polarity and short circuit protection
- Two LDO voltage regulators (programmable 3.3V/5V and 5V)
- DC/DC buck converter 7V
- Temperature stable reference voltage output
- Slew rate control
- High temperature detection
- QFN24, 4x4mm package or CSP 2.6x2mm
- Integrated Frame Handler automates most of the lower layer communication tasks
- All IO-Link frame types supported
- Hardware IO-Link stack support
- Evaluation board available
- IO-Link Physical Layer Test for Evaluation Board available
- Rich configuration options
- Industrial Profibus / IO-Link Network
- Industrial automation
- High voltage level shifter
Product Briefs and Summaries
- CCE4502 Product Brief (343.33 KB)
- CCE4502 Datasheet (1.55 MB)
User guides and manuals
- UM-IO-001: CCE4502 Evaluation Board (1.76 MB)
- CCE4502: IO-Link Evaluation Boards (1.11 MB)
IO-Link Evaluation Boards
CCE4502 Evaluation Board V2: One Board, maximum flexibility!
- Three sections: IO-Link section, Sensor section and MCU section. For maximum flexibility, the sections can be used separately and independently. This allows to evaluate the CCE4502 Device IC with any suitable sensor application, MCU or both.
- CCE4502 in 3.3V buck mode
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 Microcontroller
- Temperature sensor, Color sensor and proximity switch
- Including IO-Link device evaluation software stack from
The Board is equipped with a variety of connectors forming an easy-to-use platform for evaluating the CCE4502 IO-Link device IC