IO-Link Device Phy with integrated frame handler
The CCE4502 is a highly integrated device-side IO-Link compliant transceiver IC. The built-in hardware based IO-Link frame handler provides full IO-Link protocol handling facilities making it simple to connect a host micro controller via the UART interface. The comprehensive function set includes LDOs and step down DC-DC converter, on chip oscillators and a user SPI interface for configuration and read back of fault indicators. The output stage provides overcurrent, reverse polarity and thermal protection and is tolerant to +/- 40V input. It is configurable as push-pull, open drain (PMOS or NMOS) or input only.
Package options include a 4mm x 4mm, 0.5mm pitch QFN with an addition option of a 2mm x 2.6mm, 0.5mm pitch WLCSP. These options make the CC4502 suitable for demanding industrial applications where power dissipation or space are highly important.
The CCE4502 transceiver is suitable for IO-Link Device applications and is compliant with the IO-Link interface and system specification Version 1.1.2 from July 2013 accessible via www.io-link.org.
- IO-Link compliant transceiver
- Integrated UART (COM1-3)
- One IO-Link slave up to 200 mA driving current
- Programmable PNP-, NPN- and Push-Pull mode
- Auxiliary multi-purpose 200mA IO channel
- On-chip oscillator with ±2% frequency accuracy
- Reverse polarity and short circuit protection
- Two LDO voltage regulators (programmable 3.3V/5V and 5V)
- DC/DC buck converter 7V
- Temperature stable reference voltage output
- Slew rate control
- High temperature detection
- QFN24, 4x4mm package or CSP 2.6x2mm
- Integrated Frame Handler automates most of the lower layer communication tasks
- All IO-Link frame types supported
- Hardware IO-Link stack support
- Evaluation board available
- IO-Link Physical Layer Test for Evaluation Board available
- Rich configuration options
- Industrial Profibus / IO-Link Network
- Industrial automation
- High voltage level shifter
IO-Link Evaluation Boards
Evaluating CCE4502 is made easy with the availability of two different designs of evaluation boards
- The Controller-Evaboard (pictured opposite) combines the CCE4502 with an on-board micro controller, two touch button sensors, a temperature sensor, a 64 kbit EEPROM and LED indicator.
- The Basic-EvaBoard features CCE4502 IO-Link compliant transceiver without periphery functions.
Both boards are equipped with a variety of connectors forming an easy-to-use platform for evaluation of the CCE4502 device.