Audio codec with Advanced Accessory Detect
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Ultra low-power audio codec with AAD complaint to Android Wired Headset v1.1 specification
The DA7219 is an ultra low-power audio codec with Advanced Accessory Detection (AAD), which supports sample rates up to 96 kHz at 24-bit resolution. It contains a mono microphone to analog to digital converter (ADC) path, and a stereo digital to analog converter (DAC) to headphone (HP) path. AAD supports the detection and identification of 3-pole (headphone) and 4-pole (headset) jacks, and allows the automatic pin order switching of MIC/GND on CTIA or OMTP headsets. It also supports automatic multiple button detection.
- Android Wired Headset v1.1 compliant
- High performance mono microphone to ADC record path with 90 dB SNR
- ADC digital filters with Audio and Voice mode high-pass characteristics
- Low-noise microphone bias regulator with programmable output
- High performance stereo DAC to headphone playback path with 100 dB SNR
- DAC digital filters with Audio and Voice mode high-pass cutoff and 5-band equalizer
- Advanced Accessory Detect supports
- 3 and 4-pole jack detection
- MIC / GND polarity switching (OMTP / CTIA jack types)
- Multiple button detection
- Headphone impedance testing
- Microphone input with automatic level control
- Digital sidetone path with gain
- Digital tone generator
- System controller for simplified pop-free startup and shut-down
- Mixed sample rates of 24 kHz ADC, 48 kHz DAC supported from a single digital interface
- Sample rates of up to 96 kHz at 24-bit resolution
- Shut-down mode for very low current consumption during standby
- Phase locked loop with WCLK tracking to generate system clock
- 4-wire digital audio interface with support for I2S, TDM and other audio formats
- 2-wire I2C compatible interface with support for High Speed mode up to 3.4 MHz
- 4.5 mm x 1.6 mm WLCSP RouteEasy™ package for low cost PCB manufacture
- GND/MIC polarity switch and multiple button detection for CTIA/OMTP audio jacks
- 7.5mm2 package footprint enabling PCB space savings in area constrained applications
- Capless headphone driver eliminates large AC coupling capacitors
- Optimized ball-out conducive for low cost PCB manufacturing
- Portable audio applications
- Tablets and eReaders
- Headphone accessories
- Remote controllers
- Gaming controllers
Advanced Accessory Detection (AAD)
The Advanced Accessory Detection (AAD) will detect a jack insertion/removal, detect the polarity of the jack (CTIA/OMTP), and will support the detection of impedance based buttons in parallel with the connected accessory microphone.
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.