Ultra low power stereo codec with single ended headphone driver
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
High-performance, low-power audio codec
DA7218 is a high-performance, low-power audio codec optimized for use in portable applications or wearable devices. It has single-ended headphone outputs with headphone detect for use in accessories, offering excellent left to right channel separation and common mode noise rejection.
DA7218 also has a stereo DAC to headphone output path and ultra-low power operating modes to support always-on audio detect applications. It contains two analog microphone input paths, or up to four digital microphone input paths, or a combination of both. The other chip in this family, the DA7217 has differential headphone outputs without headphone detect, and has been designed for use inside headset devices.
- High performance stereo DAC to headphone playback path with 110 dB dynamic range
- 4 mW stereo playback power consumption
- DAC digital filters with audio and voice mode options, five-band equalizer and five programmable biquad stages
- Dedicated low-latency digital sideband filter with three programmable biquad stages
- High performance microphone to ADC record path with a 105 dB dynamic range
- 2.5 mW stereo record power consumption
- ADC digital filters with audio and voice mode options
- 500µW always-on record mode with automatic level detection
- Hybrid analog / digital automatic level control to dynamically control the record level
- Shutdown mode offering current consumption during standby of 2.5µA
- Two low-noise microphone bias regulators with programmable output voltage and ultralow power mode
- Ability to differentiate between stereo and mono headsets
- Automatic detection of headset removal and confirmation of headset insertion
- Superior hi-fidelity audio performance for immersive record and playback
- Sub 500µW always-on power extends battery life for audio activity detection
- Flexible programming filtering (sideband, voice) enhances voice and audio playback
- Mixed sample rate support for wideband applications
- Supports the latest generation of low power analog and digital microphones
- Small package footprint with an optimized ballout conducive to low cost PCB manufacturing
- Wired headsets
- Wired headphones
- Audio accessories
- Portable gaming controller
- Tablets and eReaders
Buy evaluation kit from our distributors
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.