Ultra low power Stereo CODEC with 650µW Always On power mode
A team of engineers is ready to answer your questions
Extending the battery life of portable devices
DA7212 is a high performance, low-power audio codec with an enhanced hybrid ALC and a powerful speaker driver targeting wearable, portable and embedded applications. It operates from a single supply and has an internal LDO that can be used to optimize power consumption.
The DA7212 audio codec has exceptionally low always-on power consumption (650µW) which can extend the battery life of portable devices – including wearable devices - in an ‘always-on’ mode enabling constant tracking and instant recognition of voice commands.
It integrates an enhanced hybrid Automatic Level Control (ALC) that offers faster reaction times and finer gain resolution to maintain a consistent audio quality level when recording.
- High performance 24-bit audio codec in 7.5mm2 footprint
- Ultra low power consumption. Stereo Playback: 6 .9mW, Stereo Record: 2.0mW @1.8V
- Supports upto four analog microphones with two switchable low noise microphone bias outputs
- Digital microphone interface supporting single channel or dual channel options
- Stereo auxiliary input channel
- Flexible analog and digital mixing paths
- DSP for ALC, 5-band EQ, noise gate, beep generator
- System controller for pop/click free operation and easy setup
- Bidirectional I2S with sample-rate tracking
- Mono lineout/mini Speaker driver: 1.2W @ 5V, THD<10%, R=8Ω
- Integrated PLL supports common audio sample rates between 8-96kHz from 2-54MHz reference clock
- Optimized ball-out conducive for low cost PCB manufacturing
- Personal Media Players
- Audio headphone/headsets
- Embedded applications
- Arduino compatible development systems
34 ball WL_CSP Package, 0.5mm pitch
DA7212 Layout Image
ARD-AUDIO-DA7212 reference design
The ARD-AUDIO-DA7212 is an ‘audio shield’ that can be used with a number of MCU development platforms due to its compatibility with the Arduino™ R3 pin layout. The audio shield can be used with commercially available development platforms such as Freescale ‘Freedom’, Intel ‘Galileo’, Microchip ‘chipKIT’ and Arduino. Find out more and buy.
Product Briefs and Summaries
- DA7212 Product Brief (1.59 MB)
- DA7212 Datasheet (1.94 MB)
User guides and manuals
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online.
- Search the forums.
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.