AS3812 LED Driver
Highly Accurate 16-Channel Integrated Current Sinks for LED Backlighting in 4K Ultra HD and HDR LCD Display Applications
Individual and Global Dimming Capable for Uniform Brightness Control
The AS3812 LED driver for LCD backlighting integrates 16 highly accurate current sinks with digital control technology to improve brightness control for 4K and HDR LCD displays. Absolute current accuracy of better than +/-1% combined with high resolution dimming control allows for the highest brightness uniformity across the panel.
The AS3812 offers 12-bit individual dimming control. This feature reduces power consumption and increases contrast ratio through optimized local dimming. A single, 10-bit global dimming control also provides uniform brightness control over the full panel.
Enhanced DC/DC feedback control for up to two external DC/DC converters controlled by an SPI bus and a full array of protection features makes the AS3812 flexible and fully protected for any LCD display system.
- 16-channel LED driver with internal current sink MOSFET
- Integrated current setting resistors for lower BOM cost
- 30V maximum output voltage per channel
- Highly accurate absolute current accuracy of ±1%
- Individual 12-bit PWM for each output and one 10-bit global analog dimming control
- Improves contrast ratio and saves power via local dimming
- Comprehensive protection features:
- Individual LED short protection
- External reset input – holds outputs off until system is ready
- Register Lock/Unlock
- LED open-fault detection
- Over-temperature protection
- SPI daisy-chain interface simplifies design when supporting more than 16 LED strings
- 3 SPI communication protection modes in one LED driver
- Internal PLL ensures jitter-free operation even with noisy VSYNC signal
- LCD Backlighting for Ultra HD/4K HDR TVs
- HDR Notebooks/Monitor Displays
Functional Block Diagram
Typical Applications Diagram
Need technical help?
Visit our support web site to:
- Get help from Dialog experts online
- Search the forums
- Access software, drivers, tools & utilities.