To order a sample of any of our products, please complete the following form. We will provide up to five parts free of charge. Our sales department will provide pricing for samples orders exceeding five parts.
30W AC/DC Off-Line Controller for Power Adapters Offers Lower Output Ripple, Wider Input Voltage vs iW1699
1% output ripple, small solution size
The iW1699B improves on the performance of Dialog’s iW1699 AC/DC controller by reducing the output voltage ripple to 1% on a 12V output voltage, increasing the Vcc input voltage range up to 25V, and increasing robustness with extra protection features.
The iW1699B easily meets the US DoE’s external power supply efficiency standard and the EU’s Code of Conduct, version 5, tier 2 external power supply standard, with no-load power consumption less than 30mW while complying with minimum active mode efficiency requirements.
The iW1699B also incorporates Dialog’s SmartDefender™ smart hiccup technology to help address soft short circuits in cables and connectors.
The iW1699B is pin-to-pin and backward compatible with the iW1699.
Low output ripple voltage – 120mV on a 12V or 5V output voltage
25V max Vcc Input Voltage Range
Easily Meets DoE External Power Supply and EU CoC Version 5, Tier 2 Standards
- Less than 30mW No-Load Power Consumption
Active Start-Up Reduces Start-Up Time without Increasing No-Load Power Consumption
Selectable Voltage Offset Compensation for Voltage Loss in Cables and Connectors (5 Options)
- Selectable via Single Resistor to Ground
PrimAccurateTM- Primary-Side Control, No Optocoupler Needed
Intrinsically Low Noise Solution - No Audible Noise Over Entire Operating Range
Adaptive Multi-Mode PWM/PFM Control for Optimal Efficiency Across Load Range
EZ-EMITM Design to Easily Meet Global EMI Specifications
Fast Dynamic Load Response (DLR)
SmartDefender™ Smart Hiccup Technology
- Helps Address Soft-Shorts in Cables, Connectors without Latching Off
- Helps Protect Cables and Connectors from Excessive Heat and Damage by Reducing Average Power During Short Circuit by at Least 50%
Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Over-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protection (latch option)
- On-Chip Internal Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current Protection
- Input Undervoltage Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Bulk Input Capacitor Discharge Circuit
Pin-to-pin and backward compatible with iW1699