Safety Features Application
Window comparators are an essential part of any design that runs off a depletable power source, like a battery or supercapacitor. By monitoring battery voltage, a device can choose to stop using nonessential resources at low battery levels. This can prevent permanent damage to the device.
- Any GreenPAK w/ ACMP’s
- No other components are needed
- Configure the High-side ACMP2L by using the IN- source and IN+ gain options to set the desired high-side threshold.
- Repeat step 1 for the low side ACMP with the low-side threshold.
- Change the IN+ source for the second comparator to ACMP2L IN+ source.
- Add the LUT logic to trigger an interrupt when the LOW-side comp is low or high-side is high.