Safety Features Application
Watchdog timers are used for automatically generating a system reset signal if the microcontroller or microprocessor neglects to periodically send a pulse. Monitoring for low supply voltage is an additional, common feature of watchdog ICs.
- Any GreenPAK w/ ACMP’s
- No other components are needed
- Set undervoltage threshold with an ACMP.
- Configure two CNT/DLY blocks as Frequency detects.
- Design the digital logic to combine active signals from undervoltage and watchdog timeout.
- Add a One-shot counter to trigger the reset pulse. It can be inverted to be active low.