We hope everyone has been staying healthy and safe during these uncertain times. Over the last several weeks, Dialog has been working in concert with our customers and partners to lend our expertise in supporting their COVID-19 response plans and helping mitigate the spread of the virus with technology.
From ensuring proper hand sanitization, to timely replacements of mask filters and linking COVID-19 test equipment to backend databases, our Bluetooth low energy solutions are powering the products deployed on the frontlines to fight the pandemic.
Businesses around the world are now planning for a slow, controlled reopening of workplaces where they can ensure safe distances between individuals and ramp up contact tracing capabilities that will help guarantee safe working environments and offer more peace of mind for employees. To that end, Dialog’s wide portfolio of BLE solutions can help address these social distancing and contact tracing requirements. Here’s an overview of how we can help:
- Our SmartBond™ Bluetooth devices offer enhanced RSSI performance for determining distance between Bluetooth-enabled devices, which makes them well-suited for contract tracing technology.
- The SmartBond DA14531 TINY SoC and its easy-to-use software suite is ideal for customers developing simple beacons and trackers for contact tracing.
- The recently released DA14531 module, certified for worldwide use, is helping to accelerate development cycles for our customers so they can bring new tracking products to market more quickly.
- Our new Wireless Ranging (WiRa) Software Development Kit (SDK) solution enables distance measurement devices to overcome the limitations of other RSSI-based solutions. Utilizing radar-like implementation for highly accurate and reliable distance measurement for connected devices within +/- 0.5 meters in typical situations, the WiRa SDK provides tracking and positioning that is 10x more accurate than competing solutions.
- Running on our DA1469x family of devices, we’re making the WiRa SDK available free of charge to help customers build more accurate solutions for social distancing in factories, warehouses and supermarkets.
With the unique hardware and software capabilities our SmartBond BLE portfolio has to offer, Dialog is working closely with our customers and partners to develop the solutions they need to further support social distancing and contact tracing needs, so that together we can help curb the spread of COVID-19.
Read the Press Release here.