This Proof of Concept (PoC) provides for a high efficiency, high torque, low noise, and smooth start solution. Efficiency is key for this application; thus, built-in self-align dead time with chip design technology offers lower thermal losses and reduces power loss.
In this design, a microcontroller (MCU) + pre-driver in a single chip reduces component count* and board size. A proprietary sensorless algorithm reduces dependency on external components.
This smart solution consists of core ceiling fan functions like dual rotation, natural breeze, LED lighting, and temperature/humidity sensing, with IoT features supporting wireless protocol (Wi-Fi) for control using the Android OS for smart devices.
Note: *discrete solution (61 pieces)
- Rotor position sensing technology (MRI – Magnetic Rotor Position Identification) for low-speed rotation, vibration-free during initial start-up
- Uses an RL78 MCU (RL78/G1F) core (16-bit CISC, 44DMIPS at 32MHz)
- Flash ROM: 64KB (Data Flash: 4KB), RAM: 5.5KB
- Device supports field-oriented control (FOC) and 150deg. commutation
- High power factor (PF), constant voltage isolated flyback AC/DC, offers high efficiency
- VirtualZero™ technology offers very lower power and secure Wi-Fi modules
- Energy saving using a self-align dead time generator
- Integrated hardware and firmware protection features (Temperature abnormality, motor rotation abnormality, FET overcurrent, and abnormal voltage)
- IoT/Smart homes
|ISL85415||Wide VIN 500mA Synchronous Buck Regulator||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|HS3001||Relative Humidity and Temperature Sensor||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|RAJ306001||30V Motor Control IC with Built-In 16-bit MCU (RL78/G1F)||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|iW3627||Digital Constant-Voltage Offline PWM Controller with Power Factor Correction for Applications up to 90W||Product Summary||Buy/Sample|
|Wi-Fi System-on-Chip (SoC)|
|DA16200||Ultra-Low Power Wi-Fi SoC for Battery-Powered IoT Devices||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|