Dialog’s Bluetooth low energy wireless mouse reference design is built on its world-leading DA14580 Bluetooth low energy device. The design takes advantage of the DA14580’s capabilities to give excellent battery lifetime and a low Bill of Materials (BoM).
The reference design includes all necessary hardware, software and documentation to design a mouse, guaranteeing fastest time-to-market with minimal development investment and effort.
The software is provided in source code and offers wide flexibility to customize the mouse and wireless connection parameters according the application’s needs.
- Laser optical sensor with resolution up to 3200cpi and multi-stage power management for optimal performance with minimal power consumption
- Full range of mouse buttons (Left, Right, Middle) and precise mouse scroll wheel navigation
- Fast response to key events
- Simultaneous key-press
- Highly integrated design, allows for very low external components count (BoM.
- Powers from a single AA alkaline or NiMH battery
- Double the battery lifetime of current available solutions
- EEPROM functionality for storing link keys
- Supports connection to multiple hosts
- All key parameters are SW customizable
- Programmable time to enter deep-sleep when in inactivity
- Wake-up from deep-sleep on any key event or mouse movement
- Interoperability with all major operating systems: Win 8.1, iOS7 and Android 4.3 and beyond
- WHQL certifiable
Giving designers freedom to increase battery lifetimes, create smaller form factors than ever before, and reduce system cost.
Our SmartBond™ products are supported by development kits and our SmartSnippets™ Bluetooth software platform to help you while you easily develop and add your own custom profiles as needed.